My favourite pasta is linguini. There is something nice about tender linguini, not too hard and not too tough to chew, provided it is cooked to perfection and added with the right ingredients. This Malaysianised version of chicken linguini is one of my favourite dish as a Saturday brunch meal. You can skip lunch and enjoy the meal even after past 4 pm. It is very simple to prepare and is enjoyed by the whole family.
What you need :
Cooked linguini (I am assuming you do not need instruction on this, right?)
Chicken or beef (sliced)
Small red onions (sliced)
Cherry tomatoes (other tomatoes are also fine)
Capsicum (the more colours, the merrier. Sliced)
Sambal chilli /chilli paste
Spring onions, chinese celery (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
Juice of a lime
What to do :
1. Fry onions and garlic in oil until fragrant.
2. Toss in mean and fry until brown.
3. Toss in capsicum.
3. Pour in chilli paste. Then pour in pasta sauce.
4. Put in tomatoes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, sprinkle with spring onions and chinese celery.
6. Mix in linguini (mix in water if needed)
7. Turn off heat and sprinkle with lime juice.
There you go, a simple and delicious meal for the whole family. Not to mention it is quite healthy too!
Note : You can add in sliced shiitake mushrooms right after the capsicum for extra touch. The earthy mushroom flavour is a nice compliment to the meal.
Estimated cooking time : 30 minutes