Storyteller and coach of storytelling techniques, Sean Buvala, takes us on a quick journey into storytelling tips and learning!
I find his quick technique is quite easy to use, and is practical too. Below is his method to learn a new story:
1. Decide on the story you want to tell.
2. Hand write an outline of the story, episode by episode.
3. Using your own words and the outline you made in #2, write out the complete story by hand or create a storyboard as shown in the video.
4. Use the tool you made in #3 to practice your story aloud and by yourself.
5. Cut out parts of the story that slow the story down.
6. Repeat the story with the new parts and pieces. Don't memorize. See the action in your head.
7. Tell your story to a trusted friend or associate. Ask for *genuine* advice.
8. Add more emotion to your story.
9. Tell your story to an audience. Be confident!
You've just learned your brand-new story. Congrats! Awesome!
Here’s the link to the video detailing points above:
Photo and video credit: